Head of Asset Management & Logistics
Are you an innovative leader with a passion for the electricity industry? Do you have experience in asset management logistic strategies and like to work in a fast growing global company? Join KEMA Labs as their next Head of Asset Management & Logistics
About the Job
As the Head of Asset Management & Logistics, you will manage and lead the teams in Arnhem responsible for the Maintenance and upkeep of technical systems and infrastructure, as well as the logistics workflows for KEMA Labs in Arnhem and report to the Global Director Asset Management & Logistics. You will be responsible for the work-, health- and environmental safety of the teams and have a strong focus on efficiency and optimization.
As Head of Asset Management & Logistics, you will lead the following teams: Logistics, Calibrations, Primary Maintenance, Secondary Maintenance, Facility Management.
The role is built around three major topics to accomplish in the Arnhem site and team.
- Develop and implement asset management and logistics strategies to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance laboratory availability.
- Challenge existing processes and routines; question their use, effectiveness and potential for optimization and implement changes to become better.
- Contribute to increasing harmonization and efficiency within AM/Logistics Global, in close cooperation with other AM/Logistics Managers of international KEMA Labs locations.
You possess a leadership style that will lead and motivate the teams of asset management and logistics professionals, fostering a collaborative and supportive work environment, enhancing motivation to create a fruitful and empowering work atmosphere for everyone.
To achieve the above, you will manage, but not limited to, the points below:
- Plan and manage the maintenance and repair of company assets and ensure that they are always in good working order while fulfilling the company budget goals. Schedule the tasks of several teams of technical experts to ensure the availability of all laboratory assets.
- Support the procurement of technical resources, including services, equipment, and supplies and develop strategies for cost reduction.
- Manage suppliers and service providers to ensure the timely and cost-effective delivery of goods and services and develop strategies for optimization.
- Lead and motivate a team of asset management and logistics professionals, fostering a collaborative and supportive work environment, enhancing motivation to create a fruitful and empowering work atmosphere for everyone.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide feedback and coaching to team members to help them reach their full potential.
- Ensure that all asset management and logistics activities are carried out in compliance with company policies, procedures, and relevant laws for work & health, but also environmental safety.
- Prepare the budget requirements in both cost and headcount and support the global management in achieving the company’s goals.
You also bring the following knowledge and experience:
- Degree in Engineering, preferably Electrical Engineering
- Fluent in English,
- A proven track record of success in management experience in Asset Management and logistics or a comparable field, experience in change management
- Strong technical skills, with focus on Asset Management/Logistics, preferably from a manufacturing background
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve common goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely and effective manner.
About KEMA Labs
KEMA Labs is the world leader for the independent Testing, Inspection and Certification activities. Located at several sites across the globe, we combine traditional with state-of-the-art gear to ensure every kind of grid equipment, from medium- to ultra high-voltage, can be tested, satisfying today's increasingly demanding criteria for performance and safety in the electricity industry.
KEMA was founded in 1927 by Dutch power utilities and we have been building and expanding our expertise and position as the market leader in the field of electrical testing, certifying and consulting. Since 2020 KEMA Labs is a part of CESI group, which enables us to make even more impact. KEMA operates in more than 70 countries around the world and support our global clients in meeting the energy transition challenges.